Wednesday, February 2

my birthday

i turned 26 last Saturday, and phil pretty much planned an entire weekend just for me! first he drove me to work on Friday, which i figured meant either that we were going to go to Winnipeg after work, or that someone was going to come from Winnipeg and pick me up. It turned out we did go to Winnipeg, starting at Moxie's for supper (yum). We had a really nice waiter who promised not to sing at me when he brought my birthday dessert :D next we went to U-Putz for some black-light mini-golfing - and I won!! it's only fair you know. I didn't know where we were going next, and we kept driving on Pembina as if we were going home...and then he turned into the Four Points Sheraton parking lot!! he'd packed a whole suitcase so he wouldn't forget anything, and he didn't! he brought enough clothes for an entire week lol. the hotel had just recently been completely redone and it was gorgeous. and then i found out that he had the entire NEXT day planned as well! i was pretty excited. on Saturday we went to Cora's for breakfast (i had the Surprise - it's for real), and then he had planned either a day of vintage/thrift shopping, or a day of mall shopping (i had to pick 'old' or 'new'). i picked a bit of both, which was a good idea cuz i found some AWESOME boots at the Ruby Slipper vintage shop, and got really great deals at the malls cuz everything is still on sale from after Christmas. and (can you believe it) i only spent half the amount that phil said i could! that is crazy for me. he said we had to be done shopping by 6 so we could make our supper reservation. so after stopping at luke and krysten's for a bit, we headed out. except...we headed ALL the way out of Winnipeg! i didn't ask though, and once we turned South at the Rosenfeld corner i knew we were going to Bravo's in Altona :) we had originally planned to go on Thursday on our anniversary, i guess he didn't make that reservation though :P the food was really good. then we headed home, which was good cuz i was TIRED after my whirwind weekend. i am very impressed that Phil planned everything and kept it all a secret (from me even!). It was really awesome and i felt very special. happy birthday to me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are special Holly! I'm so glad you had a great birthday weekend! You deserve it. :)

~ Janice :)

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

Aw yay!! I only read this just now, but that is AWESOME!!! I want to see what you all bought on your shopping spree!! And what is this vintage shop you speak of??

Holly said...

it's called Ruby Slipper Vintage, near Mother's Music that we used to go too.