Tuesday, March 1

movies and being sick


do NOT watch "the six wives of henry lefay". i spent the last half hour or so just waaaiting for it to be over. now, i wasn't expecting it to be anything special, but i did expect to be entertained, which i was not.

however, we also watched "it's kind of a funny story" which is about a boy (which is the name of a different movie) who is depressed and thinking about jumping off a bridge, but decides to check himself into a mental hospital instead. the movie follows the 5 (or was it 7?) days that he's a 'patient'. it's not exciting, but it's interesting and definitely has moments. i think that if you have watched and liked the movies i wrote about so far, that you would like this one.

in news about me, i am sick. it started with a sore throat last week, which was fine, i can deal with the scratchiness and the loss of voice, but monday night it turned into keep-you-up-all-night phlegm & mucus fest, followed by one of the worst bloody nose episodes i have ever had. i have gory details, but i already backspaced them to spare y'all. anyways, so i stayed home from work (can't even remember the last time that happened), and have mostly been sitting on the couch staring at screens and snacking, interrupted though by yet another bloody nose episode. yuck. phil is being very lovely, and is not at all phased by me with blood all over my face, and has already washed blood out of my pajamas. maybe that just sounds gross, but it sounds like love to me ♥ luckily, it is his day off today, so even though i feel like poo, we still get to spend some time together (watching the OC) AND he's painting some end tables we bought off pvonline! i'll post the before & after shots when we're all done.

well that's a little about me, until next time.

2 comments:

Lori said...

awww...I'm sorry you're feeling so yucky! (and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to gross me out with your gory details)

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

boo yucky! Maybe I should be making YOU supper on Friday. When I had a cold/stuffy nose after Florida I got a bloody nose like every time I blew it. Lame-o. FEEL BETTER!<3